Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our sweet boy has been an angel for a month.

"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)"- Dixie Chicks



Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

2 comments:

Dana said...

wow, I love this. I'm going to post it on my blog one day. It's such a nice message to our babies.

Mandy Hitchcock said...

Laura Jane-- Thank you for visiting my blog. I have only started to read here, but as you can imagine, I am nodding my head over and over again in recognition of all of your feelings and experiences. Even though "Godspeed" is a song to a son, it was one of our favorites. We had it on a playlist on our iPod in the PICU and the first time I listened to it there, I totally lost it, its new meaning dawning on me for the first time. I'm not sure I've been able to listen to it since.

I will keep reading here regularly. As I have said so often, I would never wish this horror on anyone, but I am grateful for the companionship on this awful journey. Love to you and your family.

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved