Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cecilia

Hi, I'm Laura, and I like to put my cart before the horse.

I'm not pregnant, but I hope to be, as soon as possible.  Please & thank you. Either way, I read a post on Sarah's blog about baby names, and it got me to thinking about one of my favourite baby girl names.

Cecilia.

LOVE. 

At my bachelorette many moons ago, my girlfriends requested this song on my behalf (I believe I may in fact have insisted they do so). I triple-dog-dare you not to grin when you hear this song. Go ahead and listen, I'll wait...



Anyway, I'd mentioned to my husband how much I loved the lyrics, and how the name just makes me undeniably happy. Perfect for a rainbow, no?

My husband disagrees, doesn't like the line, "Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia up in my bedroom". He's already anxious we'll end up with three rocket (read: smoking hot) daughters and he'll need to sharpen up his bow staff skills (of which he has exactly: None) to keep the boys at bay.

Anyone watch the show, How I Met Your Mother? We just started watching, so we're years behind, and all backwards. In one of the episodes, one of the main characters (Marshall) becomes drunk with the power of custom signage, and he produced this beauty, which makes me VERY happy. It sums up my favourite of the song lyrics perfectly:

source
I've already thought of reproducing the signage if we had a little Cecilia of our own for her nursery.

14 comments:

Molly said...

LMAO!!!! I needed a funny right about now. How did you know?!?

I, too, have been thinking about new baby names (cart waaaay before horse here since I can't even TTC yet). Hayes will be the middle name, boy or girl, so I have a revised list of some that I like that will go with the middle, one of which I just heard had been STOLEN by a former friend. I said it first though, and since we're not friends anymore, that doesn't count, right? Doesn't matter that my husband hates it either, right?! HAHAHA!

Becky said...

I love that show-I don't recall that episode though, hmmm. I think its a pretty name!

lissasue3 said...

cute post! :)

Becky said...

Oh and my husband and I already have the names of both another boy or a girl already picked out, also. There is a chance they could change, but I'm pretty sure we are certain of these names

LauraJane said...

@Molly, Jack will be the middle name of whatever child comes next as well. Love that. :)

B. Wilson said...

Alright friends. Good post. My favorite girl name is also a "C" name, LJ! I'll all about the cart before the horse. :)

My husband I were always convinced we'd get nothing but daughters-- to ours surprise, Andrew was conceived. Now, still potential for all daughters here on earth... argh. Not that I wouldn't be thankful for babies, but always sad I never saw a baby boy grow up since I anticipated that for so long. Plus, I'm a bit of a tomboy myself.

And Molly... middle name talk. Andrew's middle name was my FIL's name, Steven. For subsequent boys, I would love to use Andrew as the middle name, but feel I'd be retracting the use of Steven despite it already being used for Andrew's middle name. But only to use my FIL's name for my deceased child and to stop there-- not for future children who are living? So confusing... these decisions.

B. Wilson said...

Could I have read/fixed all those errors before posting, probably. Oy.

LauraJane said...

@ B, Jack's middle name is David. David happens to be my dad's first name, as well as being Scott's dad's first name (though he goes by his middle name). I'm not naming anymore kids after either of them. It feels right to me that Jack was named after them, and he existed, therefore we've covered our bases.

Sherri said...

I think that it's nice that Jack gets the honor of carrying his Grandfathers nameseses... lol.. and that it's sweet to leave the name David with only him. And Jack will be a nice middle name for your next baby.
Loved the sign episode, and think that Cecilia is a super sweet name. Maybe your husband will back down in time!

Kelly said...

LOL. I don't even know if we're gonna have another baby, and I'm obsessed with the name Simon for a boy. The hubs already veto'ed it. Haha.

Shell said...

I love this song and haven't heard it it ages. Cecilia is such a pretty name.

LookItsJessica said...

I love the name Cecelia. I also love How I Met Your Mother. When I quit my job to be a full time preggo, I downloaded all the seasons and watched every episode. Your idea to reproduce the Cecelia sign is SO cute!

Liam's middle name is Ellis and we are using Ellis as a middle name for one (or maybe all) of our future kids. Just a sweet way to bind them all together somehow and also honor Liam.

Molly said...

Hayes' middle name is Paul after my dad. I feel no pressure to use it again. But I don't have anything against it, say if we have two more boys (haha cart/horse anyone??), but the next babe will have the middle name hayes for sure. My dad already tells people that hayes was his namesake so that feels good (when they actually talk about him, I should mention). Love all of this baby name talk. Now we all just need some more babies!! ;)

doesithaveaname said...

Still catching up on reading! (I posted earlier today on another posting lol)

I've always loved the name Cecilia. I love the way it feels rolling off my tongue - Cecilia. I'm not sure there is a more feminine name.

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved