Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dear Body: WTF?


39 week pregnant with Jack- December 30, 2010. Let's pretend we can't see the sausage rolls on the counter... No judgey, okay? :)

Dear Laura's body,

WTF are you doing? Are you ever going to get your period again? It's been 2 months since you stopped pumping and the locia has been gone for a couple of weeks. When are you going to sort yourself out?

Maybe I'm asking too much... How about this: forget the period (you can keep it. You're welcome... ha!). How about you just try and ovulate for me? I've been testing you daily, and nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. I'd be willing to forego the aforementioned period if you would ovulate, and possibly consider making another baby for me?

I know you've been through a lot. I know you've spent the better part of the past year growing a baby and then trying to feed him your milk. You spent countless hours hunched over the toilet, vomiting your guts out. You went to the ER twice for dehydration, and underwent bi-weekly growth ultrasounds for months. You've been stabbed by more needles than you can count, pee in an ungodly number of cups, you've been sliced open and stitched back together. You dropped 25lbs in a week (all your baby weight), and forced to keep on keepin' on even though you wanted to lay down and die. You've been to hell and back, and I thank you for all your hard work and service.

I promise, this will all be worth it. We can't have Jack back, he was never ours to keep. But we can have another, if you will just try for me. I promise to stuff you full of fresh veggies, delicious meats, and even those delicious Cadbury Mini Eggs you like so much if you just do me this one favour: let's make another baby.

Edit: Let's make another deliciously gorgeous, yummy, healthy, happy baby. That we keep forever. And Ever. One who won't get sick, because let's face it, we can't handle that again.

xox,

Laura, your caretaker, cleaning lady, and chef.

12 comments:

My New Normal said...

I hope your body listens to you asap!

lissasue3 said...

I hope you get your period soon!

Molly said...

So frustrating, isn't it? I've been playing the darn waiting six months game only to find out that i had to have this surgery so now i have to wait two to three more! Ahhhhhh! Did u deliver via c-section (referring to sliced open comment).

LauraJane said...

I did have an emergency c-section, as Jack's heart rate kept dropping and he wasn't progressing into the birth canal... I'll be scheduled for the next one, which I am totally okay with. :)

Molly said...

I had one too bc hayes was breech. And I feel the same about having another :). I'll be to nervous for labor plus I don't want to risk anything and after all of my trouble I hope they'll let me deliver earlier. Did your dr metion anything about waiting after a csection? My dr said i didn't have to, but then another told me 6 months but i read on a fellow blm blog that her dr told her to wait a yr!!

B. Wilson said...

Andrew was also breech but I had an EV to turn him around. It was very quick and successful. Otherwise I would've also had a C!

My cycles (luckily) came back at 28 days post birth! Just about 2 days after my lochia finished. I was told to wait 3 cycles. I did. I'm not pregnant. :(

I'll start tracking my Ovulation this month if I can...

B. Wilson said...

Laura, you look super cute preggo! It must be a sign that you need to have many more Mcbabes. :)

Don't you just miss that belly? I totally do!

LauraJane said...

I spoke to my OB at 6 weeks post-partum (actually, closer to 5 but whateves). She told me there was no reason to wait, and she too would start asap if she were in my shoes. I wanted my period so I could ballpark my cycle (in addition to cheating with the OPKs, :)).

I've read the same thing (waiting a certain # of cycles, or a # of months) on other BLM blogs, and I'm not sure why the suggestions are so drastically different. I was dreading my OBGYN would tell me to wait 6 months or a year... I know for certain I wouldn't be able to hold out that long. I would think, possibly, the suggestion to wait a year may be for both emotional and physical changes, but I would only be guessing.

I actually started my period this afternoon (I've never, ever been so excited for it before in my life), so my bod is listening to me, thankfully!

@ Brandy, Thanks. :) I totally miss the belly, I can't wait to have another one!!!

Molly said...

I was just curious why I keep hearing all these different wait times. I guess it's different for each patient?? I got my period after about 6wks. Lj I know u will get yours soon! Brandy u were so cute pg too!! I was terribly huge! Ha!! But I even miss that.

Molly said...

Haha!!! Wow that's great!! Clearly we were posting replies about the same time ;)

Becky said...

I can't believe you got told 6 weeks and had a c-section like me. I feel I can not wait either, they told me minimum of 3 months, but prefer 6, and I would love to start trying then-which is in a little over a week. I am just so scared of the uterine rupture, but like you said you'd be closely monitored throughout the whole pregnancy and I'm sure I would also
Well I hope we both get our healthy babies and never have to live through this again

Dana said...

Brilliant. I used OPK's when trying to conceive my 2nd and 3rd babies and I never once got a positive test, but I did conceive. I read somewhere that the LH might only be raised for 10 hours, so if you only test once a day, you may never get a positive if you don't test at the exact right time. I'm taking my temps, checking my cervix (which I never really knew I could do before), and still trying with the OPK's. That reminds me, I need to order some. Anyway, have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Someone recommended it to me lately and it has taught me alot.

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved