Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ABC Me

I intended to do this a few weeks ago, so here I am, fashionably late to the party.

A. Age: 28 years, 355 days
B. Bed size: Queen. I can't wait until we have a master bedroom which will fit a California King. Those are going to be some sweet dreams my friends!
C. Chore you detest: Putting laundry away. And folding it- I'm a big fan of the "fluff dry" cycle on my dryer- so I can "refresh" wrinkled clothes... Such a good wife I am.
D. Dog person or cat person: We have 2 cats, but we're both dog people. Figure that one out.
This is Whitney Houston. Also known as the love of my husbands life.. I know you thought I was his true love. False. He loves her THAT much more. We rescued her nearly 3 years ago now from the impound.  I feel badly no one loved her

This is Tinky-Winky (her "real" name is Tina Turner... We like divas around here!). She's also a rescue cat and was found abandoned on the side of the road. She was declawed and unable to fend for herself. Poor thing. We love her enough for all her prior families.
E. Essential start to your day: Peeing. You're welcome ;)
F. Favorite color: Pink or Blue. Both. Not together (true fact, Scott's favourite colour = purple).
G. Gold or silver: White gold
H. Height: 5' 4"
I. Instruments you play(ed): I was sick the day the instruments were assigned and ended up with the last available instrument- the French Horn. I happen to think it's a beautiful instrument, but I have no idea how to play it (despite this being my instrument for 3 years). 
J. Job title: Claims Adjuster.
K. Kids: Jack.
L. Live: Toronto.
M. Mom’s name: Elaine
N. Nicknames: Laura Jane, Janer, Bonzo (my husband, every night, announces it is "bedtime for Bono"<-I'm lucky, huh?), Laur, The Jane, Lolly (Lollipop)
O. Overnight hospital stays:  I had worms as a kid (I think I ate dirt... yum) and they made me stay for a few overnights. I got popsicles. I also stayed over December 31st (from 3:30am)- December 3rd 2011. 
P. Pet peeves: Fart jokes/toilet humor in general. I seriously DETEST these.
Q. Quote from a movie: "It rubs the lotion into it's skin", "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.” 
from here
R. Righty or lefty: Boring right handed.
S. Siblings: Older sister, Jennifer. Two younger brothers, Douglas & Richard
T. Time you wake: When I work: 7, currently: 9. But I go to bed WAY later than I used to.
U. Underwear: Thongs (what?!? You asked!)
V. Vegetables you don’t like: bok choy.
W. What makes you run late: Deciding I should really attempt to put a face on/style my hair. Also, rain. 
X. X-rays you’ve had: I broke my left arm as a kid. I also fractured my "ring" toe on my left foot 10 days before my wedding. Teeth.. That's it I think.
Y. Yummy food you make: I asked Scott, "tacos, asparagus, chicken" (This is when I confess these are the easiest things in the world, but it's a good thing he knows nothing about that... It's all lowered expectations around here).
Z. Zoo animal favorites: Hands down, the elephants.



And now, because I've likely been 100 times less funny that I tried to be, I present to you the best YouTube video (completely with commentary) EVER. You've probably already seen this, but whateves.


:) You're welcome

7 comments:

Molly said...

Omg, I totally knew I liked you! Two rescue cats? Yay for you! I have two rescue cats and two rescue dogs. They are all so very bad but we love them. And lmao about the worms!!! Never heard of that! :)

Brooke said...

Love your cats. And now I have the sneaking suspicion that my dog Little Mac is part honeybadger. Because she don't give a shit.

TanaLee Davis said...

First of all....the honey badger video was funny but kinda icky in some parts....i'm not much for animals tearing off heads and eating um.

Your more like me than I knew...love that I always had a feeling that we had more in common. Like thongs, rescues, wake up time, ect, ect. :)

~Felicia

LauraJane said...

Sorry, should totally have warned you that the video is cross in parts- and the language is kinda NSFW.

Ps. I love that Little Mac is part honeybadger. haha :)

LauraJane said...

cross= gross

Becky said...

I can always use a good laugh, even if it involved a honey badger eating other animals

New Year Mum said...

Love getting to know you... I'll have to join in this one too :)) xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved