Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Months

I can not believe it. He would have been FIVE months.

I saw a friend's 5 month old in photos on Facebook. He practically looks like a teenager.
I would very much have loved to see Jack as a teenager.

:(

I was walking home from the train last night when I walked past my crazy Greek neighbour... I thought I'd written about her before, but I can't see to find the post.. Anyways, this lady is basically a stranger to me, but when I was pregnant I became a hot commodity around here and she would ask me questions about the baby all the time. She was very disappointed I was having a boy, telling me that maybe NEXT time I'd get lucky, and get the girl. grr. 

Anyway, I wear my Ipod while I walk,so I can generally ignore people when the earbuds are in. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and realized she was frantically waving her arms to get my attention.

Sighing, I removed my earbuds and called out a "hello"

"My daughter, she had her baby. It was a boy. We thought a girl, but a boy."

"That's great news, congratulations!"

"Not a girl, but a boy. Oh well, he is good. He is healthy and coming home today. I will pray, you know, so you get your baby".

"Thanks...".

Grrr. I think stupid people are attracted to me. Stupid people + lesbians. Lesbians love me. ;)

Tomorrow's my appointment with my OBGYN, should have more to say then. For now? This is all I've got.

---
Dear Jack,
You would have been a big stinky boy by now.  We've had lots of stroller days here lately, and I would have loved to push you around, chubby thighs and bare feet hanging out the bottom. Mummy and daddy miss you so much. You were such a good boy.
Love,
Mum

13 comments:

Angie said...

People are such morons. One of my girlfriends has started keeping a journal of all the ridiculous things people have said to "us." It feels good to look back weeks and months later and be able to laugh at their idiocy.

Our neighbor gave his condolences to my husband in the weeks following Aiden's death. He wanted to let us know that he understood our pain and that it gets better. Because when his horse gave birth to a stillborn a few years ago, he was crushed, but he's feeling okay now. Dumb ass.

xo

Kelly said...

You just inspired me to write a blog post about stupid things people say. I was gonna write it here, but then you'd have to read it twice, so I will stop taking over your blog and write my own post. :) Bottom line, people are dumb.

Happy 5 months sweet Jack. Hugs to you momma.

Becky said...

What is wrong with that lady? I love the comment from Angie above about the guy with the stillborn horse. Some people just don't have a clue.
Thinking of you and Jack today.

Keleen said...

Why do people feel the need to share with us that THEY got to bring home their baby for keeps...jeesh knife in heart! Lesbians too...you get it from all angles! I totally agree with you, when I see babies around Addi's age I am amazed how much different they look...makes me feel even more out of the loop :( 5 whole months...yeah a big stinky boy sounds wonderful! An Ob appointment sounds promising...I will be looking forward to a new post :)

Shell said...

I have found I am better when I stay off Facebook. Have really been thinking seriously about deactivating my account. I may do that soon. And the things people say...really? I can't believe the comment by Angie about the horse, etc. Yuck. People just don't get it and I think they are so afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Good luck at the OB.

Nicole Gilbert said...

It seems we do much better when we can just stay in our own little world right now, people say such stupid things. I hope your appointment goes well today!

Maria said...

Happy 5 months little Jack!

lissasue3 said...

Happy 5 months Jack <3

The stupid people are everywhere, but that lady is especially stupid.

And LOL at the lesbians :)

little vitu's mom said...

I feel that lady is stupid, as well as heartless. I believe heartless people are attracted a lot to me too.
I would have never behaved the way people have behaved with me even if I hadn't lost my boy.
Yes. I agree with the Facebook babies of others born around same time like my baby looking like a teenager. I just hate FB.
How I wish we had our babies with us too.

Natalie Ross said...

I'm so sorry. I hate when people say things like that. It hurts so much. Praying for you...
Happy 5 months, Jack. <3

Sherri said...

People can be so insensitive!!!! Thinking of you and Jack today!

Brooke said...

I love that lesbians love you.

I'm sorry that Jack isn't here with you. I know how much you miss him.

Ms. Green said...

I'm new to your blog and sadly, new to the same type of loss. My little boy was born on the 14th of December and passed away the next day.

Here's one of the stupid comments I received the week after, "If you're not pregnant anymore, why is your stomach still so big?" This was from a mom of 5.

Either way, this stranger is sending you good vibes and prayers...

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved