Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cat Scratches and other shit.

So, I did something stupid.

I shaved my cat. Her fur was getting matted, and no amount of picking or pulling at the knots would solve it, and so I decided to shave her instead.

ha

She looked like this when I was done. I actually never finished, she took off running and has scarcely been seen since "the event".

Edited to add, well, the photos I kinda mentioned above... ha!
The cat-scratch bandit...

Flirting... She's an asshole
She left me with a little something though. I won't show you a photo, because it's gross and on my inner thigh, but I have cellulitis (not to be confused with cellulite- I have that too!! ha!)

Here's a photo of it on someone elses face:

Poor soul
Try not to be too aroused people. ha

So, apparently it can be really bad if it's not treated, and can lead to all sorts of infections and ailments.  Right now it's just an uncomfortable patch of skin (a circle, about 6 inches in diameter), which is simulataneously itche, sensitive, and warm. Boo.

I gots me some antibiotics, and get to have them twice per day for TEN days. Oh, and by antibiotics I mean pills, and by pills I mean BIG ONES. 

Exhibit A:
It is basically life sized.
Exhibit B:
Perspective: Vitamin D capsule, Previt nighttime,
Amoxicilian-Clavulan..., 81mg aspirin (orange flavour...yum)
So anyway, try not to be too jealous of my glamourous life. Or too jealous of the husband who gets to sleep at my side nightly. Side note,  this is the same husband who last night looked at me with fear in his eyes and asked if it's contagious. I confirmed it is not, but inquired as to what he would have me do if it were? His answer? "Well, you could always sleep on the couch". Such a good man. ha ha).

In other stuff, I spent Friday (what would have been Jack's 6th month birthday) outside of city limits with some girlfriends. They both read this blog, everyone say "hi Sandrina, hi Holly!". So we decided to hit up a village while our men golfed (and drank) Canada Day away. We came across a really cute "nicknack" store with an assortment of home decor stuff, clothing, and baby gear... I saw a few signs which were really cute. I didn't buy 'em, but I liked 'em.

I also took TERRIBLE photos, so don't judge, mmmkay?


Saw this, and loved it for LissaSue
"Good night. Sleep tight. Angels are watching over you"
"Twinkle, twinkle in your eyes, are you an angel in disguise?"

None of these made me pull the trigger though. I'm all for decorating the nursery I have no current need for, but I have my eye on other baby stuff I WILL be purchasing once I'm pregnant again...

Like this wall decal:

Love this so, so much.
Anyway, I'm getting away from myself. I was going to tell you that rather than decorating the nursery, I chose to pick out something from Jack to his little brother or sister who we are hoping is burrowing into my uterine lining as we speak (what, too much? ha!).

I chose this, because Jack loved his soothers oh so very much!

Wubbanub infant pacifier- Frog, dur.
Yes people, I know I'm crazy. We've established that. But it sure is easier justifying a $15 soother purchase to my husband than it is justifying baby clothing we don't need for a baby we don't have. Who am I kidding? I don't tell him about that stuff, I just slip it into the nursery. ha.

---

And as for an update on the Clomid, I'm still in the 2ww but hope is fading fast. I'm over this whole TTC business, it's exhausting and sad. And every month I'm not pregnant is another month closer to Jack's 1 year birthday. I can't stand the thought of that milestone passing and us not having a new little man or lady to look forward to, you know? Of course you do, you've been there, will be getting there, or are dreading it right along side me.

I could almost pretend like losing Jack "had to happen" in some f'd up version of fate... Like we couldn't have Jack and wouldn't have baby #2 if he could have lived... Baby #2 wouldn't be a thought in our hearts at this point at all, but because Jack's no longer here, we conceive him or her... But here we are now, nearly 6 months since his death, and there is less and less truth to that. We might have been thinking of another little one, making plans to start TTC early next year... And so, it's getting harder and harder to be patient and be "okay" with everything. It's a tough enough pill to swallow, to know I have to live the rest of my lifetime without Jack here. But to not yet have any glimmer of hope for baby #2? Where is the karmic justice is that?

And how come it's hard now when it wasn't before? Why now?

Enough whining, I'm off to nurse my wounds, both physical and emotional.



14 comments:

Glo said...

The cat bit you? For matting we usually use scissors. Make her happy with petting etc then snip away. You have to be really careful as their skin is thin.

Molly said...

We shave my cats--they kinda like it! Ha! Wtf though about ur thigh?!? I think i'd putcha on da couch. ;)

Kelly said...

I love your writing. It makes me chuckle. :)

6 months seems like some f'ed up huge milestone, and I've been a raging lunatic the last few days. Hugs to you cuz we're right there together.

Take care of you lady!

Becky said...

Pretty sure I am crazy also. I too have boughten baby stuff and placed it into the nursery with out telling my husband.
Fingers are still crossed that you will have your positive prego test!

Molly said...

Lmao at pics!

Brooke said...

Your wounds make me think of the other day when my mom was going to take a drink of my water and she said, "You're healthy, right?"

And I said, "Uh, physically."

And we all laughed except it was also SERIOUS.

Natasha said...

Awwww look at the kitty!!! I've never shaved my cats but one of them- Chloe- is getting close to needing it! Sorry you have to take all the meds!

I love those signs and the soother you bought! I don't think it's crazy at all :)

Hoping you have that positive test soon!!!!!

lissasue3 said...

Silly cat, I hope you feel better soon!

The signs are adorable. Of course, I especially love the one that made you think of me. :) I even say to Lorelei every night, "Good night, sleep tight!" I leave off the part about the bed bugs biting because I don't want to scare her.

Don't get down yet about this cycle. You're not out until AF shows. Are you charting your temps? Do you have something we could look at? (this is the Bump message board part of me coming out -- not sure if you're on that at all.)

Caroline said...

burrow little egg, burrow!!

Tiffany said...

I don't even know where to start...

shaved cat. awesome. just what i needed to stop by tears this morning.

the rest of it. all effed up. everything just seems so messy now doesn't it?

love to you!

Dana said...

I'm glad you are on antibiotics. I was bitten by a cat several years ago. The cat bit me through my jeans, but bit my sister at the same time on her wrist. She ended up with red streaks going up her arm and a tingly hand. We both went on antibiotics and all was fine. My parents have a long-haired cat who needs shaving, but none of us are brave enough to do it.

I have 2 short-haired cats who my husband would LOVE to shave, but I've said no. Some days I am tempted though.

The plaques on the walls are so cute. I may have to find out what store you saw those at when/if the time comes to need them. I love that you sneak stuff into the nursery :)

The 2ww sucks and I hope, hope, hope that you have a happy ending to it.

I was desperate to be pregnant/have a baby before Jacob's first birthday but it didn't happen and it sucked.

The waiting sucks. The living in limbo is harder than you can possibly imagine, until you have to do it. I've been thinking about all the waiting I've done in the past 13 months and it is just crazy.

LookItsJessica said...

I had never thought about buying gifts for baby #2 from their older brother. I think that is adorable, and I'm with you on wanting to buy clothes/toys for Liam even though he will never be able to use them. I think it just feels so nice to be able to do ANYTHING for our babies because we can't mother them 24/7 like we were supposed to be able to.

little vitu's mom said...

Its all so true what you wrote about trying for second baby. If my son were here, I wouldn't be trying either. Instead spending all my time looking after him.

I have been thinking of you and wishing this is your month.

Holly said...

Your poor kitty...Did you only shave half of her??

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved