Friday, July 1, 2011

Six Months

From my amazing friend Alison, via here.
Dear baby Jack,

It's been six months since I first saw your bright eyes looking back at me. Six months since your daddy fell head-over-heels for his beautiful boy. He couldn't believe just how beautiful you were. You were a tricky one to get here, and we didn't get to keep you for long, but I will always be grateful you were ours. 

I will always remember how your hair felt like velvet, how your skin was oh so very soft. I'll remember your strong grip on my fingers and my necklace- whatever you could grab onto. I will never forget what it was like to have you lie asleep on my chest, or hear your cries when you had a dirty bum. Oh how much I loved changing that cute bum of yours. 

You will always be loved. You will always be our first little boy, and ultimately the very best thing your daddy and I will ever make together. I so very sad to think you would have been six months old today. I remember being excited when you were born on January 1st, to know we would be celebrating Canada Day and your 6 month birthday on the same day. This isn't quite how I had hoped it would be.

Your daddy and I miss you everyday, and there isn't a thing I wouldn't do to have you back. I know one day we'll be together again and when we are, I will never let you leave my arms. We have so much lost time to make up for.

Love you forever,

Mum.


"On the night you were born,
The moon smiled with such wonder
That the stars peeked in to see you
And the night wind whispered,
“Life will never be the same.”
Because there had never been anyone like you…
ever in the world."



12 comments:

B. Wilson said...

I never get tired of seeing that picture. His little face. Happy Birthday J.

little vitu's mom said...

Its such a lovely letter. Jack definitely knows what you wrote to him. He will be with his momma always.

My New Normal said...

Thinking of you today.

Becky said...

That picture really is beautiful. Thinking of you, your husband, and Jack today...

Kelly said...

I love that picture of you two. <3 Happy 6 months sweet Jack.

lissasue3 said...

Beautiful photo of you two and sweet letter to your baby boy.

LookItsJessica said...

Beautiful picture and letter.

Molly said...

Six months. Wow. :(

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you. That is a beautiful picture. I love it.

Monique said...

Remembering Jack, what a gorgeous boy.

Natasha said...

Such a beautiful picture. Thinking of you.......

(((hugs)))

Rhiannon said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful letter and beautiful quote for your beautiful son...

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved