Monday, July 25, 2011

Wedded Bliss

This morning, I posted the following on Facebook, and I can not really think of a better way to say it:


"If I was going to have to wade through this shit, I am so thankful to be wadding in it with you. Happy two years to the love of my life, the father of my son, and the very best man I know."


Two years ago tomorrow, I was photographed making faux-sexy faces:

Then I walked down an aisle with my dad:
Dad and FIL crying... I might have been too.
And saw this guy waiting for me:

What a hunk ;)
 We promised each other our forevers:

And may have laughed a little.

While planning our wedding ceremony, I stumbled upon the following words which made me just smile. They still do, to know these are the words which describe us (and so many other loving couples out there, because this is a great reading for us non-religious types):

"You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks - all those sentences that began with “when we’re married” and continued with “I will and you will and we will”- those late night talks that included “someday” and “somehow” and “maybe”- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “ You know all those things we’ve promised and hoped and dreamed- well, I meant it all, every word.” Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another- acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife."

Wow, still love that.


And cheered for passing trains- they "tooted" right back at us!
And we made out a little (some more):


And finally, since I've already crossed over to uber-cheese, I hope you'll indulge my presentation of my wedding vows...:



"I Laura Jane, take you Scott, to be my husband.
I promise to love you, each and every day of my life.
I promise to put you first, to care for you, to be your soft place to fall. 
You’re my strength when I waiver, the holder of my hand when I scare.
You’re my cheerleader- my biggest fan, the keeper of my secrets and my best friend.
I give you my heart because with you is where it belongs.
I am thankful for you everyday- the more I know you, the more I love you.
I look forward to a life with you- our life together.
A life full of love and laughter and beautiful babies."


Yes, for real. I vowed to have a life full of beautiful babies... I did, and I still do. I promise him so many more beautiful babies, a beautiful life even without our beautiful boy. He truly was our best creation together, and the very best thing to manifest from our love.
Insert collective *sigh* here.



18 comments:

Sherri said...

Beautiful post, Beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Becky said...

Happy anniversary! Love the pics!

Darcey said...

Happy Anniversay...your pictures are beautiful :)

Kelly said...

Love all the pictures, especially the one with the train. So awesome. :) I love your vows of beautiful babies. It made me tear up. I have a hard time looking at our wedding pictures now, wondering if this was always our "plan". Anyway, I hope you and the hubs have a great day! Happy Anniversary!

Molly said...

Awwww!! Happy anniversary! What a beautiful bride Scott has!! The pictures are wonderful. I hope you two have a nice day, well as nice as can be expected while wading thru this shit at least. ;)

Holly said...

Shouldn't have read this at work...So lovely Laura. Happy Anniversary to two of the best people I know. Looking forward to the many beautiful babies to come.

B. Wilson said...

Aren't you two just the cutest freaking people! :)

You are beautiful and I love it all. I do wish I could've read Scott's vows, but I guess I'll do with having the rest of your ceremony.

Happy Anniversary, friend!

doesithaveaname said...

Beautiful post! I wish you a lifetime of more beautiful babies, too.

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary - here's to many more {happy} years together (and many more beautiful babies).

Addi's mom said...

Happy anniversary, beautiful pictures. So glad you have such a wonderful husband to go through the good the bad and the shit with.

Andrea said...

Beautiful post and love the photos. Happy Anniversary! Also, my hubby is a Scott too.

"He truly was our best creation together, and the very best thing to manifest from our love." This is beautiful. <3

Tiffany said...

Beautiful, gorgeous and stunning pictures! Happy Anniversary to you both!

LookItsJessica said...

Happy Anniversary and many many more!

Brooke said...

Beautiful post. I'm sorry that you guys have to struggle through the loss of Jack, but I am glad that you have each other. Your pictures are beautiful.

sarah said...

So beautiful.

Thank you for sharing, totally made me tear up. May this next year of marriage bring you boundless joy...

Natasha said...

Happy Anniversary! The wedding pictures are beautiful and your vows are so very sweet!

Rhiannon said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful post and photos! I love your vows! <3

Tiffany said...

"Yes, for real. I vowed to have a life full of beautiful babies... I did, and I still do. I promise him so many more beautiful babies, a beautiful life even without our beautiful boy. He truly was our best creation together, and the very best thing to manifest from our love."

that gave me chills. you guys are a beautiful couple, and you make beautiful babies!!

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved