Friday, April 13, 2012

Well, That's That!

Our house sold, 6 days after it hit the market thanks to the craziness that is the Toronto real estate market. It all seems so official now, soon this won't be our home and the beautiful nursery will be left behind. I'm okay with it so far, though I'm sure there will be more sadness to come as we pack up the nursery all together in preparation for our move in July.

I think I would have a harder time with it if I didn't absolutely love the new house and the life it will help us to provide for Grace. The new house has a pool, and a big chunk of land for her to run around on. I can't wait for those things. I'm obsessed with the idea of walking onto the back deck to sip coffee and nurse our little little girl while soaking in the morning sunshine. Obsessed. The dreams of beautiful stroller days consume me, with hopes of stretching my legs walking around our subdivision, to the local park, and even to the teensy library located no more than a kilometer from our doorstep.  I want it all- baby massage classes, mommy and me fitness classes, all of it. Please and thank you.

These are the dreams I've missed out for the past 16-ish months. The dreams I will always long to have shared with Jack, but I hope I can share with his sister. I seriously hope so. The stakes are at an all-time high with only 3.5 weeks until her scheduled birth.

I can not lose her.

I need her.

We had our first biophysical profile on Wednesday. Our baby is enormous. The tech assured me he's fairly confident I have GD because baby is weighing in at 6lbs14 at 35 weeks gestation.  I'm fairly confident Grace is carrying a great portion of that weight in her cheeks and lips. Want proof?

She's so squashed in there her lips are pressed against my uterus, like a kiss...  Not unlike
the "duck face" teenagers make to post to FB...
She looks a lot like her big brother, with those cheeks and the nose and lips I take full responsibility for. My husband is beginning to wonder when he might get a shot at providing some genetics to the babies we have together... I suspect his genes might come into play with the fingers and toes, I would be willing to bet money she has the same fingers and toes as her daddy and brother. :)

Thanks to the GD diagnosis and the gigantic baby status, we've earned ourselves weekly BPPs from here on out. My OBGYN also alluded to the fact she thinks it might calm my nerves a little to see Grace on a regular basis, and I couldn't agree more.  I already can't wait until next week!

One more big change that happened this week is that I wrapped-up the last of my days of work. Today marks my first day of leave, and I couldn't be happier to be done. I've really been feeling the onset of aches and pains, and the fatigue that goes along with it, so the timing worked out perfectly.

I'm off to celebrate my new found freedom by getting my hair done.

16 comments:

Amy L. said...

Congratulations on selling the house! I'm sure the move will be very bittersweet, but how exciting at the same time. The pool and big hard sound dreamy.

As for Grace's weight and BPP, I have yet to hear of an e ven close to accurate reading. My SIL, for example, who did have diagnosed GD, was told at 36 weeks that her son weighed 7lbs+ and to be prepared for him to be well over 9lbs at birth.

He weighed 7lbs 5oz at birth. He was born at 39 weeks 0 day. We were shocked by his petiteness!

Darcey said...

Wow...so much going on. Congrats on everything and yay for weekly BPP's!!!

Brooke said...

Yay for blissful days with baby in the new house. And also for hair appointments (I love them). Glad you get to see G every week. 3.5 weeks. BLOWS my mind.

Molly said...

So glad u get the weekly BPPs now! And that she is so big and cute!

Kelly said...

I love her duck face. Haha. I'm doing the weekly checks too due to a huge child. Happy to see her every week for sure. Thinking of you momma!

TanaLee Davis said...

Its great to hear you sold your house so quickly...many are not so fortunate as they do not get the price they want for it and end up renting it out.
I wonder if my genes ever made it in the pool with my first...I only got to clam TanaLee's fingers toes ect. My hubby got everything else. So not fair..lol
Yea! No work is the best, If I get my way I won't work much at all once I get prego with a rainbow. lol Enjoy your days off and soak up that me time...its almost up for good reason. hugs-
Felicia

Becky said...

Sipping coffee and nursing baby girl out on the back deck taking in the sunshine sound wonderful. So do stroller days and mommy and me classes. I hope you get to do all those things with her and more:)
Love the squashed face!

Tiffany said...

congrats on getting that house sold. can't wait to see Grace in person. and can't wait to read in the future that all of your dreams for that new house are coming true!

Tiffany said...

I can't wait for all those dreams to come true for you too! You guys deserve it and Jack will be right there beside you the whole time. I can't wait to see her pictures! So happy for you!!

Renel said...

Such excitement in so many ways! I can't wait for grace to come! As far as being a big baby. Grace does not sound gigantic to me... She sounds perfect! Either way healthy and big and alive is what we all hope for! 3.5 weeks!!!!!!!

Youngins said...

ohhhhhh i can't wait for you to kiss those lips! muahhhhhh!

Caroline said...

You are going to own those next 3.5 weeks mama! I can't wait to see those cute chubby cheeks and lips! You already made one adorable baby - I'm sure the trend will continue!

Hope's Mama said...

I have had three very big babies, and never had GD once. Some babies are just big! She is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see her on the other side, safe an sound where she belongs.
xo

Natasha said...

She's soooo cute! Can't wait to see her pics in a few weeks! Those weekly BPPs helped calm me a lot as we got toward the end. Plus you get to see your little cutie once a week :) So glad the house sold quickly. I pray that packing the nursery is not too rough. And I can't wait to hear about all those wonderful dreams coming to pass in the new house!

xoxo

LookItsJessica said...

Congrats on selling the house! And I almost want to say congrats on the weekly BPPs. Obviously not happy about the GD but weekly BPPs will be great in the last few weeks to make you feel at ease. You're super close Laura and I'm MEGA excited for you!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on selling the house and your last couple of days at work! I love Grace's picture! Our little guy had a similar face in his recent ultrasound and it just cracked me up. I have heard those estimates, esp at this point can be off by a lot too.

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved