Monday, October 15, 2012

15th of October... Remembering the Babies.

Today and everyday I am remembering.



I posted the following on Facebook and then cried about it all day.

"Losing your baby is an incredible isolating and impossibly difficult situation to face. It's waking up every day wishing that you hadn't. It's plastering a smile on your face as you meet a friend with a baby the same age as your child. It's facing a subsequent pregnancy with people asking you if this is your first, and giving you advice on pregnancy as though you've never done this before. As if y
ou didn't just do this six months before. It's people telling you with complete certainty everything will "be okay" even though it wasn't for you, nor to the many deserving women you've met along this arduous road.

Being the 1 in 4 isn't easy. It's made even more difficult when people (friends? family?) make the topic taboo and make you ashamed to speak his or her name. Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. 1 in 4 women will experience a loss. I am the 1 in 4."




At 7pm EST I posted the following on Instagram. I've spent the last couple of days thinking about how I wanted to make the flame seen around the world, and had settled on a candle only beside Jack's urn and medal.

At the last moment I pulled his molds from our cabinet, where they've been since we moved into this house in July.
Our flame and Jack's hand and foot holds
Jack's hand mold, holding my ring bearing his name

Gah, I still can't believe this is my life.

Thinking of all the sweet babies and their loving families, too.

xox

12 comments:

Molly said...

💔

Paula said...

Sweet little babies so very, very missed <3

Caroline said...

look at that perfect, sweet little hand.

loving Jack today. Always. Loving them all.

Hoping For Hunter said...

xoxox

Thinking of you today, mama. It's surreal, isn't it?

Darcey said...

Doesn't make any sense no matter how you try and look at it and the pain just doesn't stop (sigh). Remembering Jack

Veronica said...

Its absolutely beautiful.
It's hard reaching out, and making yourself heard. You are so very brave.
I sent an email out to all extended family, and a handful of friends, asking them to remember my son - and all the babies goon way too soon....it was gut wrenching. I hope you received an out pour of love remembering Jack.

You and Jack were in my prayers last night.
Love to you 4

Melissa said...

I cried on and off yesterday too. It caught me by surprise actually. I hadn't expected to be overwhelmed by people responding to my post or making posts of their own. It also gave me a reminder about what's important and what's not.

Becky said...

Remembering Jack with you.

Tiffany said...

<3 Jack <3

Renel said...

I am also 1 in four. I am so sorry Jack died. I wish it was different for both of us. I love the molds...something tangible in the shape of him!

B. Wilson said...

1 in 4.

Love you, my friend. You and all your babies.

Muneer Hussian said...

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

case study solution
case study solution
case study solution
case study solution

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved