Tuesday, March 25, 2014

His sweet face on a necklace.

It's been more than three years since we lost Jack. Over this time I have bought a few pieces of jewelery baring his name or his initials. I'm into simple jewelry (my earrings and necklace are both solitaires and I rarely remove them- they are my everyday items), with the occasional piece of bling tossed in to keep things interesting. It's been a while since I have ordered anything new, so when I was contacted and offered the chance to order a keepsake piece, I jumped at the chance.

The company, JewelryKeepsakes.com offers a variety of items for sale- from photo keepsakes, memorial pendants, and even cremation jewellery. There really is something available suit everyone's taste.

I spent some time trying to chose between the many offerings before settling on the Gem Circle Pendant in Silver. I decided on my favourite photo of him, knowing it will never grow old to see his beautiful face on a pendant. I sent the photo and asked for a close-up on his delectably chubby face. I asked for a simple engraving on the back, with just his name. 

The package arrived at my home (in Canada) within a few days, which was crazy-fast. It can take a week or two for things to get to me from within the country, so there are definitely bonus points for fast delivery! I walked into my house to discover my husband had already covertly opened it, and he told me I was going to love it. I took a moment to brace myself, and then I cracked open the lovely black velvet box. It was beautiful.

See? Beautiful.
It was so nice to see his angelic little face on something so pretty. The piece I chose has crystals surrounding the engraved photo which made me love it even more- it's feminine without being "too much" . It's really an attractive piece of jewelry- it has a nice weight to it and definitely feels like a quality item. 

The pendant itself is made up of two pieces, the upper portion contains the engraved photo and the lower piece the pendant with the crystal rim and Jack's name engraved on the back.

The polished surface made it difficult to photograph.
It's nearly 1.5 inches in diameter, so it's not small under any circumstances. It's something I don't think I could wear on a daily basis due to it's size, but would be ideal for special occasions (his birthday or "angelversary"), on holidays. If you tend to wear larger statement pieces, this might be just what you're looking for.  I really like the idea of wearing it for family photos, as well. Additionally, I plan on wearing it to the NICU memorial at the hospital in the spring (if spring ever arrives…).

I am so appreciative of the beautiful piece of memorial jewelry I received and highly recommend Jewelrykeepsakes.com, should anyone wish to purchase keepsakes in the future.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

They did a beautiful job . I love it. Love his sweet face

Molly said...

Love it so much! I want one!!!

Brooke said...

I can't believe how detailed and lovely his photo looks on a pendant like this. Definitely something to be treasured for special occasions--and I love the idea of you wearing it in family photos. Beautiful.

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Wow, that's beautiful... but I really love his name on the back especially so. Something about seeing it in print again. xo

LookItsJessica said...

Very beautiful!

Veronica said...

I really love it. And like Brooke said, I too love the idea of wearing it in family photos. Those are tough. Happy (in the saddest way) that you have a piece of him to hold with you was you smile for the camera. <3

Darcey said...

I love it...absolutely beautiful!!

Post a Comment

 
Design bySmall Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved